Tuesday, August 24, 2010

the peanut butter effect -Tuesday brkfast and lunch

This morning at 4:00 AM, i was thirsty and had to pee.  Clear sign I was not in range.  My blood sugar was at 12.7mmol/L (I knew the risks when I helped myself to those tablespoons of peanut butter at 2pm the day before, but hey, PMS is a bitch.  I was willing to pay the piper later, the excess fat always comes back to haunt me).  I took the 1.8 units of NovoRapid as suggested by the Bolus Wizard on my pump (Medtronic Minimed Paradigm 522).  At 5:30AM, my blood sugar was 10.0, my pump suggested 0.2 units.  I then took care of the baby (why else would I be up at 5:30AM!)
I put him down to nap at 7:15AM and checked my bl sugar before breakfast (I already knew I was low).  My bl sugar was 2.7mmol/L.  I know I need to verify and reprogram my basal profile, but for now...Free peach to fix it!  I then made Oat Bran for breakfast and tried it chocolate flavored.  Delicious and only 20g of carbs!
Chocolate Oat bran cereal
1/3 cup Quaker Oat Bran
mixed with
3/4cup Blue Diamond sugar free vanilla almond milk
Microwave 2min
mix well
add 1Tbsp cocoa powder and 1 Tbsp splenda
Delicious!  So good burnt my tongue eating too fast
Drank 2 cups of strong black coffee

2 hours later, my blood sugar was 6.1mmol/L, so that was good


Then went grocery shopping, so nice to be on maternity leave and be able to shop during the day.
Bought a ton of fish at great price!  (Steelhead trout $5.99/lb!)
The baby loved the shopping trip! So many boxes to touch and bite
Plus posters hanging from the ceiling
It was still early (about 9AM)so wasn't able to get the bread I really wanted, St Methode no sugar no fat whole grain at 24g of carbs for 2 glorious slices.   So picked up Bon Matin 6 grain bread 27g of carbs for 2 slices, quite tasty

at 12:30pm was starving and my blood sugar was now 4.4mmol/L.  So, it seemed I had successfully put the peanut butter incident behind me.  So for lunch, I decided to have.... what else!!!! Toast with Peanut butter and jam, for 35g of carbs
Toast with Peanut butter and jam
2 slices of Bon Matin 6 grain bread lightly toasted
2 generous tablespoons of peanut butter (an official portion of protein and 2 portions of fat)
2 tsp Double Fruit light jam -Garden fruit flavor

I refuse to count the extra knife-ful of peanut butter I licked, I'll deal with it later...

then was still snackish so injected for another 5g of carbs and had 1/2cup 1%fat cottage cheese with 1 tsp of the same jam

Today's exercise:  am planning to take an hour long walk this afternoon. It's 25Celsius out there!
Considering walking to TCBY, a fair distance which would then allow for an afternoon snack (small sugar free fat free frozen yogurt with sugar free chocolate syrup..) for which I need only partially count....

No comments:

Post a Comment